View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Even though I am on 30 mg of prednisone and 60mg of mestinon every 6 hours through the night too, last night I started with problems swallowing and choking a lot. I even had trouble swallowing meds. I had been totally fine and stable. I don't understand. . .

Then this morning the choking was better but my throat felt thick, like the tube was big and all my swallows feel harder. And suddenly my legs crashed about an hour and a half before my noon dose of mestinon. Then when I took the dose, an hour later, my legs were STILL totally weak. The drug did not kick in. That had never happened, even since the first dose in the hospital.

So I called neuro. I got a new doc on the line who said it all sounded "classic MG" to him and he upped the pred to 40mg and the mestinon to 90mg and to call my doc tomorrow cuz he's on if it doesn't get better and to go to the ER and GET MY BLOOD CLEANED if it gets any worse even though I am sero-negative!

After all the this, it just seemed totally obvious to him and my doc had told me I was getting way ahead of myself when I mentioned plasmapheresis. But doesn't he mean that if the meds aren't working that this is the next step anyway?? Why is the other doc pushing me so much?

And now that I am totally unstable again and supposedly going off meds for Thursday's EMG/repetitive nerve stim. test I really need to have a talk with the doc about the reason and purpose of going through with this considering the safety issues.

Totally baffled, debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote