View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I wondered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
i think i was parkinsonian during my second pregnancy and my menstrual periods never returned. There are articles backing the greater risk of pd if you have a shorter time in "child bearing years". Early menopause was another of my crash operations.

They are definitely related laura. I'l try to dig up some resources. it's documented .

paula
I wondered too about the early menopause; I have just been out of whack since my hormones leveled off- the grey hairs even seem inflamed! lol I keep getting what seem like hot flashes but it is really the levodopa build up in the day side effect, I think.

I took note of that article but realize that I (again) don't fit that mold; I had never been pregnant and I was 41 with my first...and only- I am not going to tempt fate again.

What I don't understand is the PD worsening? According to Lisa Shulman who has published a case study on this topic, our wildly fluctuating estrogen level at the end of term makes a difference. I still do not get how this works. I can see our symptoms seeming milder as estrogen holds the inflammation at bay, so I could see a symptom rebound or worsening as estrogen levels go down, but can't see why they are permanent or a sudden change would accelerate the disease process?

I have also read that testosterone injections help men fight off inflammatory processes.

please keep the studies flowing...

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote