View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too suffer from PN with some days better than others. I'm on Topamax and Neurontin plus Ibuprofen. Honestly? They don't do much for me that I can really tell.

Even when trying to explain to nonmedical people the feeling of walking on hot sand, broken glass, pebbles in the the shoe, burning in the arms, legs, hands, and feet they just don't get it. Shaving is a whole other story with the sensitivity from the blade across my face and the feeling that it is red hot against my skin. Oh! Let's not forget to mention I also have spastic involuntary movements which provides an additional challenge to shaving causing nicks.

Now, when you describe these symptoms to a doctor, not to mention an almighty neuro, and they look at you like you're nuts and question your mental state, what the he** are they good for?

After over 10 years of dealing with these symptoms, regular doctors and stupid, uncaring, desensitized neuros, I have little respect for western medicine. And NO, more drugs are not the answer!

I've resigned myself to deal with it quietly, not complain, and go with the flow. Why not complain? Simple! 50% don't care and the other 50% are glad to hear it. Moral of this story? We have to take responsibility for ourselves, be the most pro-active healthcare advocate for ourselves, and do what makes us feel the best we can while we can. Most of all, continue to look for our own answers because we never know where they will come from. Case in point, Lorenzo's Oil.

OK! I'm done for now. Thank you for your patience and tolerance of my rant.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote