Thread: Scan Results
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked Scan Results

Just to refresh the memories here. I have been having off and on symptoms from my brain injury for several years now. Mainly unable to exercise without headaches. Fatigue that just overtakes me at any given point through out the day. Vision issues that months of therapy helped but now back in therapy trying to see if more will help.

Doctors say that scans 1 year post injury looked good. Symptoms continue so now several more years out they said they would do them again but really did not expect to find anything. I started a thread about this I think it was titled is the cost worth it or something like that.

Well I had the scans done and according to them all is good. They did write on the report "slightly prominent sulcal markings". But other than that everything looked good. Doctor read it and told me to just keep going forward.

So after reading that. I thought I would look to see what "slightly prominent sulcal markings" mean, since they didn't go into any detail and apparently this is normal.

Wow that could/does mean cerebral atrophy. And even if it is only slight I wonder if that could be the cause of the headaches. Have not had a chance to talk to the doctor about this as I didn't have the report when I saw him. I think he should go into a little more detail about this. I am in my 20's, don't think my brain should be showing any sign of atrophy.

Has anyone else have this show up on a scan? Should I ask for a followup? Could this be why the headaches continue? I know I have a tendency to blame everything on the TBI, yes even the weather, but could this "slightly prominent sulcal markings" be from the injury? or is my luck just running bad when it comes to my brain?

Thanks and hope all is well for all of you.

StuckinBoston
StuckinBoston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote