Thread: Very sick
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My perceptions of this situation:
1. Tyson is a TEENAGER -- in the most DIFFICULT time in life -- emotionally, socially, physically -- even for kids who are perfectly HEALTHY.
2. Tyson is a teenage MALE -- who wants to have control of his life -- who isn't able to talk to other GUYS about his feelings.
3. Tyson is a teenage male ATHLETE -- unable to get rid of that excess "drive" because of the MG.
4. Tyson is not living with his MOM -- who would be nurturing, putting HIM first, holding his hand, soothing his feverish brow.
5. Tyson is in DENIAL -- he has a horrific disorder that he will have to live with for the REST of his life -- and he hasn't really even BEGUN to live.
6. You CANNOT "counsel" people over the internet -- face-to-face interaction IS required. You MUST be able to see reactions, read body language, hear changes of pitch in the voice, etc. -- as Tyson said, we have NO clue what is going on -- because HE isn't TELLING us everything -- and we cannot SEE him to gather more clues.
7. If Tyson's family loved him enough to get him out of an unhealthy situation (from what he told us) with his parents, I think that they love him enough to want him to "survive" MG.
8. Teenagers tell you what they WANT you to know. Tyson, if you are reading this -- I LOVE you sweetie, but I am GONNA tell the TRUTH!! Teenagers are often "manipulators". They "angle" the information to their best advantage. This is PART of the "growing up" process. Read any adolescent psychology textbook -- this is NORMAL!

Tyson has a therapist -- but, I suspect that he has been using this group to avoid confronting some issues that would be best served BY his therapist.

So, having said this -- again, I am NOT a doctor -- I am NOT a psychologist -- I have ONLY been a teacher and counselor. I have a Master's in Counseling -- Emphasis in Secondary Education (grades 7--12) I worked as a middle school and high school counselor for 9(?) years. I do NOT want ANY harm to come to Tyson -- I have grown to love him dearly -- as if he is one of my own students.