View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernclay2 View Post
Hi Jim.

I am sorry you are having such a rough time with your case. I just wanted to throw in my two cents here. You are doing the right thing by staying involved with your case, and not just expecting the lawyer to take care of it. In my experience (I won an 8 year fight for workers comp / disability) the more you know about your case the better. Some people can’t handle the stress and so they stay out of it. But if you can handle the stress, then it can only help you to be your own advocate, and your wife is very lucky to have you involved. Even the best lawyers (I had a good one) can make mistakes, be overworked, have conflicting priorities due to other cases, or just plain forget things. Staying involved and being a squeaky wheel is the best way to ensure the best results from the lawyer. Also, at least in my case (although I would imagine this is rare), by assisting the lawyer enough to make their job easier, they accepted a lower fee when the case was done. Best of luck with your case, and God Bless You.

Bernclay-
Yes the stress! The only time in my life when I've experienced something similar was when I was a kid, an unfortunate family incident that stretched to 4 years duration that I had absolutely no control over. I feel like I have no control, that my wife and I's destiny is set to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. This is not something I can tolerate and will and can not except. If my wife is denied again I'm going to sit down with family and hash out the most articulate and controlled angered letters to my senators and will not stop there. This whole episode has effected my health in that I now take medicine for blood high pressure and an irregular heart beat. Thanks for the advice Bernclay.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wswells (06-02-2010)