View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Somethings wrong here

OxyContin is an every 12 hour drug so I've never heard of it being taken the way you are. Since you're new to the drug, the dosage sounds correct, but the every 6 hours doesn't. I'd call up your doctor and make sure before he accidentally places you in la-la land. On a 12 hour schedule you'll find you'll acclimate to the prescription very quickly and that you'll enjoy the fact that you're always clear headed hence there's nothing better on the market for moderate to severe pain. Best of luck, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown176 View Post
My doctor has now changed my pain med to a time released med oxycontin 20mg from a as needed med. I was told to take it three times a day. Do I take it morning noon and night about every six hours then I sleep from about 9-8 or should I take it every 8 hours and set me some kind of alarm so I remember to take it. I am finding that I forget to take it because the pain is at a low level and then when it starts getting worse I remember I did not take it. What do you all do as your experience or your opion on the matter. I hate forgetting it because the pain comes back with a vengence and then takes longer to get it back low again. Any opions welcome. Thanks!!
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote