Thread: Neuropsych Exam
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodpop View Post
I got a letter in the mail today notifying me that I am scheduled to attend a neuropsych exam on June 7th. Guess thats some sort of progress, at least they're going to test me. I'm curious as to what the results will be. The only testing I've had done was a few months prior to surgery and then one year post op, both times in a secluded room without any noise or interuptions (hardly a real life scenario), rehearsing the same information over and over and over again. How can anyone NOT do well/decent in that kind of environment? I wish they would test in a real life atmosphere..

I had my eval. in March, 2010. I applied in Dec. 2009. I was approved last month. So my whole SSDI expirence went rather quick. This was the third neuro psych eval I have had in the past few years. They were all the exact same thing. First they go over you history. Find out what your impairments are. Then they will tell you a story about a women who got robbed. That has children has no money. It's most likely gonna be the same one. They will ask u to repeat it word for word the to the best of your ability. Then you do little puzzles and stuff. It should take about 4 hrs or so. Some will have a test for you to take., it is the multi phasic personal inventory. It's really long survey. Oh you do word association test also.
SSavage0207 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote