View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Wonderful news!

I am open to hear of ways to help my MG!

This post came at a perfect moment when I came to the conclusion that Magnesium supplements help my MG. What perfect timing! It was just this morning when I was reviewing my MG journal, that I decided Magnesium helps greatly.

I was taking Magnesium twice a week, specifically "Amino Acid Chelated Magnesium - 100 mg" for a few months and I had improvement of my MG and had to cut back on my Mestinon since I started to get overdose symptoms. It took about 6 weeks for the Magnesium to start working. (I posted on here when I had these overdose symptoms, I was very worried and thought my MG was getting worse or I was developing some other health issue)

Just to be sure, I stopped the Magnesium, and my MG returned to "normal" and I had to increase my Mestinon back to the previous dose.

So I started the Magnesium again last week and today I am starting again to feel much better...and today I am feeling a little bit of a Mestinon overdose so I am going to take less Mestinon. And I am going to increase the Magnesium slowly until I am taking one every day.

Before I tried Magnesium I read a great post on this site by one of the moderators (Thanks mrsD!) about Magnesium and I felt hopeful.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138

If anyone wants to take Magnesium please be careful since it is on the list of things to be cautious with if you have MG. I am going to look for that post about Magnesium. I did a lot of research before I decided to take Magnesium

This experience makes me feel hopeful that there are other things to do to help.

Rob, I want to hear more.

I know there is no cure for MG, but it does seem like a change of diet/habits can make MG much much easier to live with, with a chance for a symptom free life. Just that chance of feeling a little better is enough for me to change my lifestyle and eat differently, much preferred by me over drugs if it is possible.

Nice to meet you.

Last edited by DesertFlower; 06-01-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Add link
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-01-2010)