View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For Augie: I have Medicare and a supplemental insurance plan and it's the supplemental that pays for the Duragesic Patches. If Medicare pays anything on it I'm not aware of it. Anyway, it takes 2 RXes - one for the 100 strength and one for the 25 strength so I pay a total of only $6 monthly. Since it's a narcotic I can only get a months supply at a time.

For Roxie: I totally disagree with your doc regarding his policy of limiting the strength of a narcotic. I suspect he fears the DEA more than he cares for his patient(s). Most docs won't even accept chronic pain patients in their practice and it's because a few docs have been busted by the DEA. Yet they all go by the rule of "First, do no harm". What, pray tell, is more harmful than sending a patient home to suffer in pure agony because of a horrendous level of pain? My feeling is (and more and more doctors are agreeing) that chronic moderate to severe pain is a legitimate medical condition that deserve the best the medical profession has to offer. Also, I think that most, if not all, of the doctors the DEA has busted - needed to be busted! I think your doc needs to upgrade his thinking about treating pain, but hey, that might take a little reading and that could cut into the number of patients he can book in a week. If I were you, and he wouldn't increase (titrate) my pain reliever, I would fire him and find a doctor who truly cares for his patients. Just my humble opinion.

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Augie (06-06-2010), rscowboy2005 (06-01-2010)