View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Keep On Moving Club - June 2010

Since BBS1951 is still mostly incommunicado due to computer problems, I am posting this thread for her, but she is still "the leader of the club that's made for you and me"!

MS sometimes makes it hard to keep moving, exercising, stretching, so we do less and less. Before long, its not just MS that interferes with our mobility and health, its also atrophy of muscle causing more balance problems and more muscle weakness.

So, we started a club to support and encourage us to keep moving --You use it or you lose it! So, what do you do-- do you stretch, do you walk, shovel snow, swim, aquacise, isometrics, lift free weights, Wii, calisthenics? Please join the club!

I ride my bike and do spinning classes. I try to do 45-60 minute spin classes at least twice a week and do a weekend ride of 40-50 miles every 2-3 weeks during the MS150 "off-season". I feel like the exercise and fitness that I have built up from riding probably helps me overcome minor MS symptoms like fatigue or muscular weakness without really seeing them for what they are. I know that if there comes a time when my MS progresses, the strength and fitness I am building now will help me to adapt to the challenges I will face.

So how about it...what do you do to ""Keep Moving"?
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pink (06-30-2010), SallyC (06-01-2010)