View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, water is so important - and thank you from the bottom of my heart

You are most kind, most kind. Evidently my medications had kicked in for the day when I was putting my post together.

If want more, I've only started but before I bore anyone anymore I wanted to make sure I was wearing my pedicure down to the bone for a reason. Now you've given me one, so brace yourself - there's more on the way.

I couldn't agree with you more about the stinky veggies and there's some I don't eat because of both my medications and because I already spend to much money each month trying to keep our home all nice smelling.

Call it fate, but the one thing I can't call my wife is domestic, in fact there's not one single gene in her whole body that quite understands homemaking in general, but for 27 years I've been crazy over her in love. When most husbands bring home their wives a dozen red roses, mine is much happier when I get her a new yard tool like I did this last weekend when I finally located this really snazzy Black & Decker gadet saw called an Alligator. It's the safest chain saw/trimmer I've ever seen or used.

For decades I've done design work on homes from the stud all the way up to the final flower arrangement as a second job so when we decided to gut the 100 year old family farmhouse I finally got to do a project of our own. I've always approached our home as being one great big playground that actually alter and improve the way people enjoy their homes when they're willing to design it correctly according to their needs and tastes so my domestic side has many venues you might say.

Thanks to a family that raised me with the values that a guy can really prove he's a man when he can do anything including ironing, sewing a hem, cooking, cleaning and tearing apart the outboard motor for the boat in the backyard, I've always been rather eclectic by nature. My bi-polar tendencies make me enjoy computer programming just as much as playing Mozart on the piano or figuring out how a gimp can lop off tree/bush branches from my rider mower. Meanwhile my wife is right now out on a rider as happy as a clam.

Don't get me started, but I'm afraid you just might have! Thank you from the bottom of my heart - really. Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Thanks, Bob! I enjoyed reading your recipes. You should consider writing a book! You're a good writer.

I eat alot of summer squash, zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, Vidalia onions, cucumbers and tomatoes.

I love yellow squash cubed up with a big vidalia onion and sauteed in about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. I wish broccoli and cauliflower didn't stink so bad when cooked!

I also eat alot of in season fruit. I love cantaloupe and grapefruit. Watermelon is still pretty expensive here so I haven't had any this season yet.

Do you drink alot of water, too? I try to drink at lest 64 ounces a day. Keeps me running to the potty all day but I count that as exercise!
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-01-2010), Kitty (06-01-2010), Mari (06-02-2010)