View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I do yoga for stretching and flexiblity. Still don't have the balance to do those poses that require you stand on only one leg. I fall down and go boom!

I do exercises that help with the tummy, like stomach crunchs. I do push ups, girly style of course, LOL! It took a few months, but went from barely able to do 1 push up to being able to do 10. Woohoo!

I used to strength train as a kid, and have lost a lot of what I used to be able to do. But got some exercise weights (5 lbs each right now), and started doing some arm exercises. Bicep curls and found a tricep exercise I can do lying on the floor. Took 2 months, but can now do 2 sets of twelve.

Not being able to do what I think I should was the most frustrating part. But I made myself do mini-goals. Like with the yoga, started with a pose or two and worked my way up. Same with all the others. The arm exercises, started with sets of 5. etc. etc. Slow but steady can be very important. May take longer than you want, but improvement can be exciting when it happens!

Dx'd MS 2007, Fibro 2009
FinLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (06-01-2010), SallyC (06-01-2010)