View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I live in a Mecca with a population of 156 people!

How a guy who was raised out in San Diego ever turned country still has me a bit dazed, but it's probably just medications that's kicked in. Here my wife and me are on 5 acres in a 110 year old funky farmhouse she grew up in and I couldn't be more at peace. The area is so lovely.

Living halfway between the Nelson Gallery in Kansas City and St. Louis where there's a Vatican expo where they're now showing antiquities that have never been shown before to the public makes me so appreciative we live where we do. If you're ever coming through, we'd love to have you out.

When I was forced into giving up my job because of blasted narcotics it was a hit I wasn't prepared for so you'll never know how pleased and proud I am that you're figuring out a way to manage your pain and regain your life and income without them. I wish I was in your shoe (pardon the pun, but when you're legless like I am, they sort of dribble out) and I know you're going to get your foot back on level ground again.

There are other options for controlling pain, but between the greed and profit factor plus prejudices that some won't overcome, I'm afraid it's going to be a long road as we open our minds to other methodology - but hopefully it will come.

Because of the invasiveness of pain, only those who've really experienced it in it's fullest form can fully understand the desperation that accompanies it. I've been asked for years how I manage to keep a clear head when I'm on the load I'm taking and yet it's hard for others to understand how the pain eat the medication thus leaving behind no foggy brained, half dazed effects. Though there are some drugs that can, the beauty of morphine when properly prescribed is that it won't. It's quite evident you're a person of intellect who's a whole lot better at articulating topics that are worth discussing so others can better understand and comprehend the complexities involved with pain and the treatment options. Now please, get your fingers typing!

Thank you most kind one, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Bob- I have got to tell you I liked your handle from the moment I first laid eyes on it. Without looking, I just Knew you had to be from near JeffCity Mo. You see, I have family galore around the KC environs and spent several childhood years in that area myself. Yep.

Thankfully you have come onboard and have begun what was SO needed, the perspective from the Pain Pump viewpoint. So true, there is no remedy, No Remedy, which will bring a silver bullet end to the pain any of us has endured; however, pain CAN be better managed through therapies such as you now introduce to all. I, on the other hand, am one of those SCS folks bent for leather on the path to have permanent implant of what is now a Boston Scientific neuro stim unit. With such a device I have a goal of finding pain remediation through the BORG collective sans meds.

My docs are on team with me as having a goal to leave morphine and the others of my laundry list behind. We'll see, we'll see. My physiatrist has assured me I will hate him as we strive to ween me off the morphine, but I am game, because I have every hope of being able to be professionally practicing once again in some means. Be nice to bring in a "paycheck" once again.

You hang in there regarding the amputation issues along with the pain management. Hard yes. I have had family members and close friends alike who had to go with loss of limbs for a variety of reasons from diabetes, to gun shots, to staph. Each handled theirs in different and positive ways. For you, it sounds as though you have a strong support center in your family and now here. We will gather around you Bob. Cheer when you wanna cheer, cry when you gotta cry, and pray regardless. In my life, I have found that prayer perspective has been ultra important maintaining sanity through PAIN. So, now there is an extra measure headed in your direction.

Anyway, for your strength in sharing with all of us on your new thread I welcome you and hope through this you reap the rewards of support sure to come because you sought first to reach out to others in their need.

Peace,
Mark56
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JavaJan (08-08-2012), Mark56 (06-01-2010), Rrae (06-01-2010)