Thread: Too much meds?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Too much meds?

I have been feeling horrible (worse than usual), for about 3 weeks now. I am stuck in the wheelchair and cant leave the house. I have RSD in entire right arm, hand, shoulder, and right foot/ankle, stomach, & heart. Sometimes I am able to walk small distances when not i a flare. My doctor temporarily doubled my Oxycodone 30mg to 60 mg 3 times a day....also take Oxycontin 30mg 2x day, Xanax 2mg x3 day, Cymbalta 30mg, Seroquel 600mg, Lamictal 100mg, Vistaril 100mg, Soma 350mg, Treximet, Compazine 10mg, Phenergan, Marinol 40mg a day, Zofran 8mg Dilaudid 4 to 8mg. I've tried all the blocks, SCS, pain pumps, PT, OT, aquatics therapy, chiropractor, Dynatron STS (moved to TX for 5 months to try this), HBOT, and I'm sure more that I can't remember. I've been taking it very easy, but trying to move around what little bit I can. Also tried epsom salt baths. The pain is absolutely unbarable. My doc wanted to hospitalize me for 3 days to get the pain under control with IV meds. He couldnt find a department that would hospitalize me for pain control. So, I went to ER couple of days ago to just get temporary relief w/ IM dilaudid & Ativan. My doc wanted me to get the ER doc to give me a shot of Prednisone & he called me in a script for Prednisone. The ER doc disagreed with the Prednisone, so I didn't fill it. He told me to only take the oral Dilaudid when thing get real bad. I just feel like I am om way too many meds, but I need them all, DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO....PLEASE HELP!!! I have tried ALOT of other meds with no luck & also have horrible problems with nausea & vomitting. I am also bipolar, and have problems with anxiety and migraines.

I am not sure what has been going on the last few days. Normally I can take al my meds together & not look or act doped up at all. Well...last few days I fall asleep eating, talking, smoking, & while doing all kinda stuff. Mom almost called 911 for me last night bc she thought I was gonna OD. She said i tried to light a cigarette 3 times in 30 min. & still couldnt do it. I was just way out of it & was talking jibberish. Not sure wy this is happening all of a sudden. Only med I just started taking again is Marinol & it never used to do that to me.
firegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote