View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I've been thru more surgeries in the last 10 years than I like!

But, each time they HAD to be done, and I searched the heck outta them before I had them done, to be sure I understood what was being done to me and HOW I should take care of myself to recover. Whew!
I can guarantee you? That each nite before a surgery? I really didn't sleep well? But also before I committed myself to any surgery? I'd grill all my other docs [I've got Lots!] about the surger! IF there were any hesitations? Ask for recommendations for second opinions! FAST!
It's not like in the 'invasion of the body snatchers' or the like? But the whole process at times does seem surreal at best?
The last time I had major surgery - I was not able to 'check out the doc'! I was frustrated beyond HECK! Turned out that this doc was one of the best I could have tripped over in my area and I was soo lucky! The other surgeries and docs? I'd checked out w/my other docs and had all things 'planned' and myself re-assured. The last one was more 'emergency' type. Sometimes you can't plan? Different story. Just go with your instincts - if you trust this doc, and don't feel any qualms? Go trust your instincts-no one else can really make this decision for you. But other docs input can help reassure you or get you entree to other surgeons who are better 'thought of' IF there are reservations.
In the end? I'm wishing you both the luck and the rite doc w/talent to do right by you! Crossing my fingers! Hugs - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote