View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default The Neuropathy Association has its uses--

--it does have, on its website, some good papers/documents about different sorts of neuropathy, and it does attempt to publicize the problem of neuropathy from time to time, though I, for one, have publicly criticized it for not doing more, and not getting celebrities with neuropathy (and there have been more than many people think) to speak about it and thus attract more attention to a syndrome that has more sufferers than multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's and myasthenia gravis combined. (Notice all three of those conditions are far more publicized--it may be because neuropathy is often considered to be a secondary effect of some other condition such as diabetes, but it still deserves far more consideration in its own right, especially considering the number of idiopathic cases.)

I can say that the Association seems rather understaffed and underfunded for a condition that affects so many people.

The message board there can occassionally be useful--I post there--but it is not well-organized or moderated, making it difficult to use. This board is easier to navigate and as a result has much easier to find information about the condition.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote