Thread: Too much meds?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

Well, I too find this list dunning. But I will not comment on the pain meds, because that can be very individualistic.

I will say this...should you become ill with any virus in the liver or drug damage, your ability to metabolize this list will be impaired. Cymbalta is the only antidepressant that can actually cause liver damage.

I especially wonder at 600mg of Seroquel. What is this for?
That is a very high dose, and this antipsychotic can cause blood sugar derangements leading to diabetes and perhaps a sudden attack of ketoacidosis which causes mental confusion or when severe-unconsciousness, and may even become toxic enough to cause death.

I have been to pain conferences, and those educationally focused doctors, typically detox all the patients who end up with them at their tertiary facility. They are hospitalized for at least 2 weeks to get them off all the drugs they have accumulated during their failing treatments.

So yes, your combination of drugs may be becoming too much for your body to handle. And it becomes a very gray area medically because really "no one" can predict what will happen to you when you mix so many together, especially in such high doses. I really think it is time to find another doctor(s).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dreambeliever128 (06-02-2010), wswells (06-03-2010)