View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question about Cleveland Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeb105 View Post
I feel the same way. *edit*

From what I see, there is very little info on treatment there or where things are going in terms of research. From what I have seen, the research are little mini studies they are doing and nothing of great significance.

This forum is an excellent repository of information with very knowledgeable and proactive people.

When I search the net, most treatments are still geared towards pushing Pharma drugs which is fine if the pain can't be treated otherwise, but bad if it makes you worse.

All I remember was when they gave me the diagnosis, of SFN at the Cleveland Clinic, they said they didn't know much about it and they could either give me Lyrica or Cymbalta.

These drugs made my symptoms worse as I was triggering all the time.
Until I started using supplements, I didn't have much releif.

*edit*
Thanks.
I have an appointment at Cleveland Clinic on 6/14. Do you remember who you saw there? I am not hearing good things about CC and wonder if I should cancel my appointment. I am seeing Dr. Shook. Greatly appreciate any help you can give. I did try Cymbalta but we are in the process of weaning off after 2 months. Made me have tremors and constipation (bad). Glad you are finding some relief with the supplements.
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote