View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Book help read my MRI results

Multiplanar and multisequential MRI lumbar spine performed without contrast demonstrates there is no evidence of any compression fracture or bone marrow edema. T11-T12 through L4-L5 disc spaces well maintained without evidence of disc degeneration or herniation. Mild disc degeneration is seen at L5-S1 and associated moderate central and right lateral disc herniation is visualized. Subsequent compromise of dural sac and right lateral nerve root, as well as neural foramina is visualized. T2 weighted coronal images obtained through the sacrum demonstrate no evidence of any sacral fracture. Visualized bilateral sacral foramina appear unremarkable.

MRI for 34 year old female on 5/25/2010. Explain in plain english: "subsequent compromise of the dural sac and right lateral nerve root, as well as neural foramina is visualized". What does this mean? How severe is the injury? Does this require surgery to fix or are their alternatives like traction, chiroprctor, etc... recommendations? Where should I go from here. Have only seen my GP recently about this. I have been in pain for over two years - travels from my lower back through my leg/s. I take pain pills to deal with it. I believe this to be the result of heavy lifting. Any sugeestions. I am scared of surgery but if that is the only way, then so be it. Thanks for listening.
amye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote