Thread: A Long Road
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there my dear new person.

The fallacy of the human condition is that when you see a Leave it to Beaver kind of family (you do know what this refers to, right...i.e. THE PERFECT FAMILY),

well, THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING!!! to put it mildly.

Everybody has anxieties, everybody worries, everybody has to face uphill climbs. Some have chronic pain conditions. Others have disorders. Some have anxieties, some of crippled with fear.

BUT EVERYBODY HAS SOMETHING.

Sometimes, meds help, sometimes they make stuff worse.

I found a hobby that worked for me. I sprout my food. I found a hobby that also fed my family. It's cheap, easy and takes my mind TO A DIFFERENT PLACE.

That's what we want to do when anxiety falls on our shoulders.

WE NEED TO GO TO A BETTER PLACE IN OUR HEADS.

And how odd is it that I happened to read your posting right after I watched a short film on Turner Classic Movies last night.

It was the true story of a woman who never left her home from 1901. She had had a silly fight with her fiance, who then walked out of her home, left for the war, and died in the war. The day she got the letter from the military, was the last day she left her home. FOR 38 YEARS. It was about fear.

Then a miracle happened. In 1938, (this was in England), there was the Blitzkreig and her home was destroyed and the British soldiers were going into people's homes and rescuing them and SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE RESCUED. She hadn't left her home for almost 38 years.

Well, she collapsed and she awoke in some bomb shelter and when she tried to get up all she could think of "I have to go back to the safety of my house".

As she got up, two little children ran to her begging her for her help. She threw her arms around the kids and that was that. She felt needed and she stayed and took care of the kids. And she never again thought "I must go back to my house".

The narrator said (at the end of this film), the "ONLY WAY TO GET OVER FEAR IS BY SERVICE TO OTHERS."

I immediately said "how true is this!!!"

So just know that you are not alone. We all have things going on, adversities, etc. and we all do the best that we can do to cope.

I wish you well

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrkmyword (06-02-2010), Snoopy (06-02-2010)