View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Curious about possible length of recovery times

I had L4-L5 TLIF surgery 6 weeks ago. I have been pleased with the results overall. My doctor was very pleased with my surgical procedure, said there was good bone and everything lined up perfectly.
The downside is I am still having some nerve/leg pain in my left leg. However it is much improved and a different type of pain. My question is how long should I expect to experience pain in the left leg & occasional back spasms? I know everyone is different I just wondered what to expect. I am still taking pain meds & muscle relaxers as needed. Sometimes I think I can feel the screws, is that possible or just my overactive imagination?
I also have some problems with increased depression. I say increased because I already had clinical depression and take Lexapro for it. I was a very active person before all this began 4 1/2 years ago. I have been an active member of my church choir and orchestra and have missed a lot lately. It is so very frustating to rnot be able to do so many things I enjoy. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Susan
susanhhill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote