View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUReady View Post
Hello , I had someone who has been advising me through this W/C injury to check on the possibility of palliative care on an as needed basis . My question is does anyone here use this service and if so to what extent . My understanding is you can have assistance with home care , transportation , etc. , I already use the driver service for Dr. Appts. as there is no way I could drive to and sit and wait for doc without having to take something to ease the pain . And I do not want to be driving in that situation . The reason I ask is some days I feel like I can function enough to do most of the needed tasks (but pay for it later) , and I do not want to totally give up the independence . My wife works part time and my youngest child is going back to college this Fall so I will be here alone quite a bit . We live in a very rural area and there is not any public transportation available . Just wanted to get some thoughts , or ideas on this matter . Thank you all !
Hello and Welcome. I'm glad you are receiving assistance for your W/C injury. I'm not familiar with the workings of that, but just a thought-keep using a driver service-never compromise your life and that of others by driving with meds in you. My Dr. gave me a 4 hours window in which I can drive. Never risk it. I've even left my car in parking lot and had husband come and get me, so as not to risk driving and taking pain med. I had gotten dizzy, so decided not to drive home.
I'm so sorry you have RSD. It's tough, but we can use ou skills to help others, enjoy your posts, take care of yourself. One of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote