View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Learned my lesson

Over the Memorial Day weekend I was feeling pretty good. Was at home for 4 days (I am gone during the week d/t my job) and saw some things that needed some "attention." So, I pulled weeds, powerwashed the back patio and patio furniture, washed the windows that were spotted from the power washer, helped lay the weed cloth in our garden, cleaned the bar-b-que grill, and went grocery shopping. I felt like I had accomplished climbing Mt. Everest when I was done. I was SO proud of myself. Well, the next 2 days I paid for it in more ways than one. My hands burned like they were sitting on the flat surface of an iron. Of course, my husband proceeded to chew me out and told me "you need to realize that you can't do these things anymore." My response was "I am not going to quit living because I fear the consequences. I will continue to do what I want to do (or can do) until they lay me in the ground." I just need to learn my limits and not overdo, to do the things I enjoy, in small doses!! A little off the subject....tonight will be my first night off of Cymbalta. I am hoping not to have any of the awful withdrawl side effects that I have read about on other posts. I can already tell that my body is returning to a near state of normal as far as not being so "bound up." Life is good again, as far as that is concerned. I don't really notice any increase in my pain levels yet so maybe the Cymbalta wasn't doing me that much good in the first place. Lastly, I have to say, I value all of the info shared on this sight and feel like I am making new friends. First thing I do when I get to work is log on and read all of the new posts. I wish we could have all met under different circumstances but we play the hand we are dealt!! God bless all of my new friends......
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote