View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up favas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Picked the first harvest this morning and some of them were already as big around as my thumb with a pretty good bean in them. Have about a quart and a half of young ones steamed and in Pat's freezer. The larger ones are about to be juiced raw.(.like the man sells now from international gourmet co. ) We'll see how that goes. Will keep you all posted on the results from this year's experiments with the favas. My friend is already ten times better today than yesterday...very noticeable improvement in movement and mood. I think it meant alot for her to pick the very first bean of the season...like throwing out the first ball at a game! It has been difficult for her since we ran out of fresh beans...she learned to depend on them last year (like I depend on the tincture now)
Thanks for sharing the moment yesterday Peg!
Busy couple of days...picked young favas for an hour and a half last nite again...now there are about 2 1/2 gallon of them in the freezer. Dug a camp fire pit this morning and landscaped an area around it for our PD Support Group picnic coming up on the 15th.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote