View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How do you pay your bills while you wait?

What about your rent, medical insurance, car payments, food, medications, and any other bills you have to pay while you're out of work waiting for your Social Security to kick in?

Sure, I'm in incredible pain every day. But I'm so afraid to lose my medical insurance and medication, I don't think I could survive without my meds. Without them, I couldn't walk! I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't make it to the bathroom. I have run out before and I have literally laid in bed crying like a child.

As long as I don't have to do anything besides work at my computer for 8 hours, and sleep on Saturdays, I'm o.k.

I want to go on SSD, but I have a terrible fear of being without medication for any amount of time. How do I do it? Help!!!! I've become addicted to my meds!

I'm a slave to my job because I'm a slave to my meds because I'm terrified of the pain.

Peripheral Neuropathy Since 2004
Learning to give my mind and body the care and feeding it needs to serve me to the fullest, so I can continue to be here with my family and friends.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote