View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Looks like a typical formula... has the burning capsaicin in it!

Capsaicin supposedly blocks the cytokine Substance P and has been on the market for over 20 yrs now. Zostrix was the first form it came in.

It was brought to market at first primarily for post herpetic neuralgia from shingles.

This product does not seem like anything "new" to me. Just another slick website.

I think the other oils in it just cover the skin and change perception of the air and fabrics. I have noticed over the years that most creams/lotions change feeling in some way.

Notice the secretive nature of the product in general. I can't find an actual list of ingredients for this one either (like for some of the other "remedies" that appear on this forum!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I saw the capsaicin in it, I remember Alan's first experience using this product. About 8 years ago, when he was on the Fentanyl pain patch, he needed something during the half life of that patch, (he took vicodin) but all these drugs constipated him, so we were hoping to find SOMETHING.

So I bought the capsaicin cream, and he rubbed just a little bit on the top part of his foot (towards his toes).

Well!!! I never got so scared in all my life. He started screaming and this was 1 A.M. I just stared at him. I thought he lost his mind. He was yelling "I'm on fire, I'm on fire".

The only thing I knew to do was go and get some ice, wring out a wet cold towel, and place the whole thing on his foot. He was still in pain. I then grabbed a 25 Fentanyl pain patch, slapped it next to the one he already had on, and he went 'OHHHH, THANK GOD".

I will never forget that as long as I live. A few hours later, we took off the 25 patch (because what did we know, we don't know drugs, interactions, combining drugs, WE WERE CLUELESS , and there was no one to call at 1 a.m. especially when he went OHHHHH ! and felt just fine after I slapped the second patch on him. The cold on his feet helped the burning. When I took off the towel, I saw WHY he went on fire. He had a scratch along the top of his foot, and the capsaicin was rubbed INTO THAT SCRATCH.

Ouch

Anyway, about this new lotion. I wrote to the company and requested a free sample. My friend Doug said that they offer free samples.

Nothing to lose. I will, however make sure that there are NO scratches on Alan's feet and we will use BUT A DROP of the stuff.

Let's see what happens.

Will update.

Thanks very much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010)