Thread: Is PCS real?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t97tab View Post
I appreciate your responses more than you can know. As I stated, witnessing the event, knowing my son (well adjusted, happy, strong student), and reading so much on the internet about PCS has floored me as to this doctor's response and dismissal.
That is also my daughter - high achieving, motivated, straight A student and accomplished equestrian. She had pretty significant PCS issues that were dismissed as anxiety/psychological issues. They didn't come right out and say it -but strongly implied that her issues were a school avoidance issues and not PCS. We had NO issues before she hit her head.

Quote:
His balance is so off that he is unable to stand, much less walk, unassissted. I don't mean just a little...he cannot stand up straight and sways like crazy. The neuro "tests" this doctor did contradicted this.
Has anyone else heard of balance problems this severe?
That seems odd that he could pass the neurological tests but not stand/walk unassisted but then my daughter could too but she did have times where she was very out of balance. I remember back to one appointment, we she passed the balance tests in a exam room with the lights dimmed, and then when she left the room, she could barely walk down the wall way to leave. She crashed into a wall and almost fell down. There were times when she walked around with her head down and kind of shuffled around rather than walking. At about 8-10 weeks, most of my daughter's balance issues seemed to have resolved.

Quote:
The doctor did not test his vision issues. He turned out the room lights and looked into the back of his eyes. Yet, my son cannot read due to the letters being scrambled.

Your responses have been the first "help" we have been able to locate and I am holding on to them like a lifeline. Thank YOU!
There is another mom on the board who's daughter has optic nerve trauma. She might be more helpful in regards to the eye issues.

Hang in there!
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote