Thread: Need advise
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 View Post
I had a canopy fall on my right foot in Aug 09, I was diagnosed with RSD in Dec 09, I had a spinal cord stimulator placed in Feb 10, everything was feeling better until about 5 days ago I would wake up to muscle spasms in my left foot and leg and now its got the constant burning and my foot feels heavy color is still ok but Dr cant see me until Monday...going crazy because Im so scared.. could this be spreading and if so what do I do?
Hi Mom of 3, I am sorry you are having these symptoms. You really are fortunate to get early diagnosis. You have that best chance possible of getting another remission even if it is RSD in the other foot. There are medications for spasms, jerks, jolts, I used to have them and totally went away with medication. I had an awesome physical therapist also to keep me mobile. I was fortunate to start physical therapy immediately after my surgery induced RSD.
Some of the things that have helped me, is meditation, music, visualization, a wonderful psychichiatrist that is also a neurologist and pharmacologist. I'm actually better now than 6 years ago. Please hang on and Monday will be comforting. Something that has helped me more than pain meds is anxiety meds-lorazepam. After 15 years of this and going from one limb to full body and internal, I'm not on anything higher than vicodin. Swimming has been a blessing, keeping me mobile and limbs limber. Water temp needs to be 86 degrees.
Hope the best for you. This is a wonderful support group-so comforting and kind. RSDSA is the national organization that you can put in your zip code and find closest support group. We have a wonderful group here in Phoenix, AZ. Another informative website is rsdrx.com puzzles list Dr. Hooshmand practiced 40 years in Florida and left his website up. The puzzles is a list of 146 questions with the Drs. answers.
Please let us know how your appointment goes Monday. We care and want to be supportive. One of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-05-2010)