View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

PLEASE DON'T SEE A CHIROPRACTOR!!!! The fact that you KNOW you have at the very LEAST a pinched nerve in the cervical spine is a very dangerous thing for a chiropractor to get his hands on. ANY kind of manipulation to the neck could leave you paralyzed and I'm NOT exaggerating. I've had 2 different and independent neurosurgeons tell me that any treatment by chiropractors could leave a spinal patient paralyzed and/or in a wheelchair. They don't have the advanced training that is needed in the central nervous system. Right now, that pinched nerve of yours could be a herniated disc and it could be sitting very close to the spinal cord.

Please don't see a chiro. Please keep your appointments with the pain management doctor. You will NOT be sorry, I promise. Even if you do have some injections, many people have gotten relief from them. You have much more chances of getting relief from a pain management doc than from a chiro and it's SAFER too. I don't want to see you get injured. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote