Thread: my concussion
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my concussion

5 weeks ago i had a bad dirt bike accident. apparently i was knocked out for about five minutes having a seizure the whole time.
luckily i didnt break any bones, my shoulder still isnt healed, but it coulda been worse.
my head is definately not back to normal yet and it looks like its gonna be a long road.
it has been very difficult transitioning, i have been a fitness freak for a year and a half, i would lift weights 5 times a week, and do cardio at least 5 times a week. extremely active. im used to just going out and having tons of fun, mountain bikes, dirt bikes, running, working out.
everybody i seem to talk to that has had a concussion usually seems like theirs was minor, like they got over it in a week or a couple days.
its nice that i found this site, although it is kinda scary reading some of the stories that mention symptoms lasting over a year or more.
i dont know if theres really any good questions that i can ask right now, but ill let you know what im going through and you can comment if you want.

i can definately tell my brain isnt as quick as it used to be
i am very unmotivated to do anything
tired a lot, could be from habits, i know the more one sits around the lazier they get
headaches havent been an issue, havent really had any
dizziness not so much, sometimes when i stand up, but thats always been an issue for me, i think cuz im so tall, im 6' 7"
sometimes it seems human interaction can help a lot, sitting around by myself all day sucks, extremely
im just not the person i used to be.

it would be so cool to find a support group in real life, ive done a little searching but it seems that there probably isnt too many out there. however if anybody knows anything, im in the sacramento area, let me know

thanks everybody, i hope this post doesnt look totally stupid.
adamphillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote