View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had several sessions in a warm water aqua therapy pool (93 degrees) but the WC insurance wouldn't authorize any more..
I am paying for it out of pocket now and stay later at work and take a half hour lunch to make up for the time I go to the pool which is near where I work.
I do the exercises independently now which I learned from the P.T. therapist.
I have RSD mainly in my left limb, but also in my right.

I "walk" laps in the pool, forward, backward, and sideways, too. I can't do this very well out of the water, so it is a blessing to have the semi-weightlessness of the water. I also cautiously do stretches and leg bends, and upper arm movements with paddles,etc for some cardio and to keep my upper body flexible.

I do gentle bicyling motion with my legs with flotation devices on my arms.
if I overdo it, my foot flares painfully. Another problem is my hip and lower back flare, so like, Krank, I try to find a balance of movement so as not to over do it. the aqua therapy has really helped with the edema..

The BIGGEST benefit is how good it makes me feel mentally! The soothing warmth of the water, the freedom of movement, and the company of others in the pool who also have challenges, make me feel happy and that is so important!
When the weather gets really warm, I may also try the YMCA outdoor pool which is kept at about 85 degrees...but the warm therapy pool is the BEST !

I used to body surf when I was young, and I would sure love to get in the ocean with a wetsuit (and prescription googles ) and try that again!!! I would have to be very brave to overcome my fear of risking injury and/or creating a huge flare ( I need an aqua scooter! )
Hugs from Hope4thebest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (06-05-2010)