Thread: my concussion
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

adamphillips,

There is an neuropsychologist, I think in Roseville or Rocklin who has a lot to say about concussion on his web site. You could try googling qEEG and concussion, maybe you can find his web site.

Your most important consideration is going to be avoiding another concussion. Second Impact Syndrome and Multiple Impact Syndrome will be life changing to your active life. As if your life has not already been changed.

Have you downloaded and printed out Dr Johnson's TBI Survival Guide at www.tbiguide.com. It will be a big help while you look for support. UC Davis Medical center may have a brain injury rehab department that can direct you to a support group.

Check out http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...DygeQKm6Rv_JIw

It is like most brain injury support groups in that it is more focused on those who were comatose and lost motor function. You will still have many share struggles. My wife and I attend one here in Boise. I am the only one with Post Concussion Syndrome. But I fit in real well.

You will likely find others who can benefit from your participation.

Regarding you injury, Did you bust your helmet? I have a friend who busted his full helmet at Hollister RVA. He busted up his face and knee but did not lose consciousness. He had a head on with another rider. The other guy did not make it. The other guy dodged the wrong direction and they met.

I used to ride when I was young but my wife is not comfortable with me riding since we got married 30 years ago. Too many horror stories.

Let us know how you are doing. There is lots of experience on this forum.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote