View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i would have to read the studies to fully form an opinion

when i was first diagnosed in feb 08 i did tons of research and panicked over which med, when/whether to use a med and how would my disease progress over the next 40 years....i went w/dmd's based on research then that showed a difference (for some) who started on them as soon as possible after diagnosis
then had to focus on daughter's kindergarten activities, work and just living...now not worrying about the research...skipped a year of mri's and recent mri showed diminished lesion--after 2 years of betaS...however...also possibly some new little lesions...ms seems to be a random thing for many as is the progression, reaction to dmd's (or not).

my neuro was pretty honest...no guarantees-w/dmd's--they might not do anything at all. but, i will email the article to him to get his take...
started avonex 03-14-08
july 2011-ish....lesions on the spine (at least two!)

started rebif 12-01-11

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
volada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-05-2010), shayna (06-09-2010)