View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 08:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mestonin and Tensilon

I'm scheduled for a Tensilon test on Thursday morning - what can I expect?

Also, my doctor has me on a trial of Mestinon in the afternoon, which is when my right eyelid gets really droopy (my bloodwork was negative, but I still am having symptoms). When I took 30mg, I couldn't tell a difference; at 60mg, there was a negligible difference; with 90mg, I felt pretty good for a few hours, and I could feel the eyelid muscles tightening up, and it seemed as if I could see better out of that eye (although the outward appearance of my eyelid was very slight); and when I took 120mg, I could tell that I had gotten too much, as I felt nauseous and I started salivating.

Hubs and I went to the movies last night, and I could tell that the medicine (90mg) was helping, because I didn't feel like my upper eyelid was dropping into my field of vision. I took it at 3:30 p.m., but it usually takes between 60-90 minutes for me to start feeling the effects. I realized at the end of the movie that I hadn't felt bad or felt my eye drooping the entire time. However, when the medicine starts wearing off, I can REALLY tell just how much it has helped - I didn't realize that my muscles were so weak!

Is this an indication that I am looking at MG? I only had one value of the SFEMG come back slightly high, but it was in my arm muscle. My understanding is that if a person doesn't have MG, this medication will make them feel ill at any dosage....

Thanks for any insight - I really appreciate everything I can find out!

Last edited by teresakoch; 06-05-2010 at 10:44 AM.
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote