View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel's daugther View Post
I'm sorry I can't answer your question....but i was hoping you could help me. My daughter wants to use a neigbors pool that is set on 88 degress to see if it will help her CRPS. Can you tell me excerces you do for water therapy?
Slowly walking forwards using a kickboard to rest arms on, then walking backwards, then walking sideways reaching arms out at sides. In the beginning I could barely walk it was too painful so i only went a short distance. If pain increases stop but if pain stays the same I continue. As I got better walking they had me walk forwards and swing my arms (as you do when you walk). They started everything slowly, 4 repititions only to make sure didn't cause a flare. With hands at sides small arm circles, shoulder rolls. I still only do 4 repititions of one arm exercise at a time. ie. 4 arm circles, walk, 4 shoulder rolls, walk backwards... Honestly I was considering using a wheel chair because walking was too painful and my toes were curling- it's been 3months of hot pool(87-91) and I am able to walk with less pain and my toes are not curling under. My shoulder was almost frozen and I now have more movement. The most important thing is for her to listen to her body- so she doesnt cause increase of pain. Best of luck. momof4
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote