Thread: can anyone
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's been so long since I saved PM's to my PC that I had forgotten how to do it myself.... so I just saved a PM 3 times (using each format option for downloading it).

The XML and CSV options saved the Pm's in strange formats (strange to me) that made it difficult to read them properly. The "text" format saved the PM to Notepad and it was easy to read.

So in my opinion, using the text option is the best way to save them to the PC so that they are easy to read. With this forum software, you can save all of your PM's at one time, or you can check the boxes next to specific PM's that you want to save and download/save only the selected PM's.

Downloading them to your PC does not erase them from your PM box, so you can save them and play with the different options a bit without losing them.... Once you have saved them in a format that you prefer, you can then return to your PM box to delete the ones you have saved.

I hope that helps
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote