View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default On SyFy Channel tonight?

I am absolutely flabbergasted that they made a movie, showing it TONIGHT, and it's on the SyFy Channel.

The name?

PRINCESS OF MARS.

Now even I didn't make the connection. It's been over 40 years since I read all the Edgar Rice Burroughs Martian books. And when I say I read them all, I READ THEM ALL. On the way to work, every morning, and on the way home. I went through the whole Martial Series.

So here I am having breakfast this morning at my local coffee shop and I happen to see "On SyFy tonight, Princess of Mars.

I did NOT make the connection.

I go on the internet, look it up and I see people are posting about John Carter and Dejah Thoris, and a BELL GOES OFF IN MY HEAD and I said 'oh no, this IS the BOOK, these are the characters from the Burroughs martian books.

I even remembered the planet called Barsoon, and planet called Helium.

And I remember reading a book that had a character called Carthoris (the son of John Carter and Dejah Thoris.

To say I am going to enjoy watching ANTONIO SABATO Jr. playing John Carter, is putting it mildly.

I'd enjoy him in ANYTHING.

But they made a movie out of something I read over 40 years ago, and I never thought I would see this. And I also read they are making another adaptation on the big screen in 2012.

Holy Cow.

I feel like I'm 18 years old again. This is so COOOOOOOOOOL!!!

lol
melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote