View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The first time I did warm pool therapy was back Iowa in the 90's. It did wonders for the Fibromyalgia I have had my whole life. I was one who was determined to have been born with Fibro & I think unfortunately my little 4 yr old has it also. He had Kwasaki's Disease as an infant & that almost killed him, but it also set off Fibro I believe in him. He hurts ALOT..........poor baby just like I did. When I moved ot Cali near Sacramento, there was no where to find a warm pool for therapy & anything below 89 dgs sets off my Fibro. Finally in '05 there was a warm therapy pool built in Folsom that is indoors. I didn't know this until I had major back surgery in 05 & was sent to it for PT afterwards. When my PT ran out due to Medicare they switched my dx for pool therapy for RSD, because there is no limit to how much money or how many times you can go to pool therapy if you have RSD unless they have changed that ruling since 05. I had to stop that threapy due to the cost of gasoline going so high as I live approximately 35 miles from Folsom & my husband & I both are disabled & on Social Security & I also get LT disability insurance payments from the last job I had before RSD came to roost in my feet in 03. I just wish I had worked longer at that job so that my LT ins. payments was higher. I again went to pool therapy last year because I again had to have major back surgery. I have to admit doing the warm pool therapy got me out of my wheel chair while in my home. I am also able to walk into say WalMart & use one of their shopping carts also. I never use to be able to do that & I know it was due to the warm pool therapy that this happened. That & the back surgeries got me where i am today.

I don't think I will ever be able to get into a cool pool again. And if you live down on the Gulf of Mexico, you might be able to get into the ocean down there. The water is very warm in the Gulf. I lived in Louisiana back in the 70's & if I am remembering correctly it was very warm water.

So keep up the warm pool therapy. It is good for most any ailment we have. The exercises that RNcrps2 gave you are what I did also. To build up my back muscles I also used devices that made the resistance of the water work more for me also by lifting my arms up thru the water & other excercises like it. They also may have weights to put on ankles if able to to make your legs stronger also. Good Luck!!

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (06-06-2010)