Thread: Neuropsych Exam
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodpop View Post
Thanks Savage,

I just applied in Jan/feb sometime and am kinda surprised to be getting tested so quickly, but grateful for it. Its actually something I've been wanting to do anyways. My last neuropsych testing was almost seven years ago. I know things have gotten worse since then. According to my husband things have steadily gotten worse over time. I think partially because of the medication I am on (yet it is the only one that has ever worked for me so I am hesitant to change it), and it was also worsening prior to me ever taking this med, so who knows why...

I vaguely remember the tests I took before, lots of story repeating, puzzles and even some math tests (those were awful). I still dont see how these tests are a good representation of day to day life when there are no distractions and when everything is rehearsed over and over. No working environment is like that.
Most require you to multi-task in a hectic environment with a multitude of stimuli from lots of directions. And instructions are often not repeated, certainly not multiple times.
Still I'm curious as to the outcome I will have..

You are exactly correct. The tests have nothing to do with how you can hold up in an actual career enviroment . They are basic cognitive functioning evaluations.
SSavage0207 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote