View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info Nancy.... I intend to investigate further and see how I can get this covered by some sort of insurance. Will keep you all posted.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCY W. View Post
Good morning, Bob. The neurologist at OSHU (cutting edge teaching hosp. on west coast) prescribed Rituximab for my condition but i am having the devil of a time getting it! Turns out medicare won't cover the expense (something over $50,000) for this application. Am now jumping through hoops to see if OSHU will assist with expense. I further understand that the mfg. of rituximab will assist -- but after the fact. I.e., patient fronts the expense and presents denial from insurance company and then they will pickup (some part of) expense. But you don't get any of this in writing. So -- If you can get it, i WOULD SURE GO FOR IT. Doc's second choice is medicine called Cellcept- not as strong, takes at least 3 months to see improvement, i believe it is taken orally. I am holding off on this for the moment, hoping to get the rituximab somehow. Will be very interested to hear further from you re your decision and its effect. Regards, Nancy
Connan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote