Thread: my concussion
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 11:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

ya thats right where i was, up there around folsom and el dorado hills, its called prarie city, you might recall, or maybe thats a newer name for it.

im pretty new to riding, i finally decided to get into it, my brother has done it for years.

so i bought an 06 yamaha 450, 4 stroke and this was really my first time taking it anywhere besides riding it on this really cramped 40 acres with trees everywhere.

so the plan was to just take it easy and get a feel for the bike.

there was this little hill that u could jump up, kinda like a table top. on one side it was about 15 to 20 feet up with about 3 trails going up.

on top there was about 20 feet of flat ground.

and the other side was about 5 feet down to a big flat open area.

so it is easy to come up to the back, catch a little air from the little 5 foot hill and then ride across the top and choose your path down. i did that once and i wanted to do it again

the problem was i went too fast the second time. i think what screwed me up is im used to riding mountain bikes, and when u want to jump those, u pretty much go as fast as u can, now its not like i was in fourth gear full throttle. i was probably in second, just cruisin, ya know just tryin to go a little faster and get some air.

im pretty sure what happened is i flew too far across the top, maybe half way across or a little more, and didnt have time to adjust and choose a way down the big hill.

all i really remember is my bike off to my right side, and i know thats true cuz my brothers wife saw my flying down she said me and the bike were side by side.so ya what i remember is going through the air next to my bike, looking down about 15 feet thinking this is not cool, this is gonna hurt, i dont wanna do this right now. and i woke up about 24 hours later.

it was a really bad injury, but whats funny to me is it was such a small mistake. i think to myself, man if i could just go back in time and do it again, my life would be so much better right now.
adamphillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote