View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 09:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I would not go to the ocean and I live in South Florida. Not only for the reason of not being temp controlled but waves would be too ruff on my pain. I did pool therapy when I was at Cleveland Clinic. They had us walk like stated but also had dumb bells and noodle to do movements. I am nervousto try pool therapy again but am playing with the idea since for RSD I have heard benefits like stated. If I do it will be in a pool geared towards this with temps and calmness factor. I hope you find what works and you get pain relief
Hi Daniella, I agree I would never chance going in far I guess i should have worded it as feet in the Ocean. When we use to take our kids to the Ocean I would just sit my chair in the edge of the water or we would walk along the water with them. Recently we went to a beach and I had such a hard time walking on the soft sand but when I got near the Ocean it was easier(wearing my crocs-the hard sand was too painful) but i couldnt bring myself to touch my feet in the water because i know what cool/cold water does to me. I only lasted on the beach about an hour but it was worth it. I was hoping someone would tell me overtime it may change-that someday i may walk along the Ocean's edge. Who knows- hot water therapy has helped with skin sensativity maybe I can only hope that someday i'll be able to sit with my feet in the Ocean. momof4
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote