View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Neuropathy_Hooray!;661307]Hey Guys!

Then my feet swell up and some hair falls off my legs.

*** Yeah, I noticed that as well. The pain can shoot up to 5 inches above my ankles and there is no hair south of that line (although since I had my glasses on when I applied the lidoderm patch to my big toe I noticed a few stragglers). Strange symptom (also strange to my neuro at the time who I have since fired).

Medical marijuana is legal and accepted here, so I went down a couple weeks ago and got my card. For the most part it does help. I take a puff or two of a strong indica before bedtime only. It numbs my legs/hands and helps me sleep. Unfortunately, occasionally it seems to make my symptoms flare up. Sativas make me feel like I'm on fire.

*** Stay away from sativas. It took me about a year to find the right strain. I have a private grower who does it all for me. Mine is called "God", all indica. Lately I've tried MMJ in hash form using a vaporizor. I can get an instant 2 - 3 point drop, but also have to stay seated the first 20 minutes or so. When I say it took a year, that's about right. I must have tried 30 - 50 different varieties until I zeroed in on one.

Anyone here have any experience with mmj and circulation? I have swelling in my ankles, other parts. I'm VERY concerned about circulation. Anyone with circulation problems use it? Does it help or cause problems?

*** I noticed some swelling in my ankles a few months ago and began using compression stockings (knee-highs!!). They give me good relief until maybe 5 or 6 pm. I don't know if it is from MMJ. Hadn't heard that. However, do be aware that heavy smoking of MJ can give you man-boobs.

-Can be sprayed with harmful pesticides, probably not a concern if getting from an organic dispensary

*** Oregon allows a patient to grow their own or designate a specialized grower. The State will vote on dispensaries this fall... generally a good idea, especially for the patients over 70 or so or ones with mobility issues. I like having the intimate connection with the grower... for whom it is a form of service.

[COLOR="Blue"]1.Should I find a diff doctor, or wait 2 weeks?

*** I'm with Kaiser and will be firing my main provider (Julie in the thread about my Kaiser troubles) for the first time and shortly after that firing my neuro for the second time. Depending on your medical provider, you will find that most family practice/internal medicine folks are over-worked and will not have the updated information about PN. I heard a story about a member here who went through 9 neuros until s/he found the right one. You will have to be the insistent advocate for yourself through reading, reading, reading.

Cowboy
rscowboy2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-22-2010)