Thread: Okay you guys..
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jenna,

You don't know enough yet to be worried, although concern is warranted. Cancer is really scary, and I've experienced that scare, but there are many other things that can be causing his pain, including arthritis. Muscles tense and can even cramp up to protect arthritic joints, pulling the area out of alignment. That deep, chronic muscle pain and misalignment can impact the surrounding nerves, entrapping them, causing inflammation and widespread pain. And, arthritis doesn't get better by itself if the person keeps on doing what they've always done. So even if it's "only" arthritis, whatever is causing the pain is serious and shouldn't be ignored, especially considering his profession. The longer chronic conditions go on, the harder it is to reverse them and the longer it takes.

Please be patient. These things can be very hard to diagnose. If your doctor isn't great, now might be the time to shop around for a great doctor who is a good diagnostician, who doesn't give up, and who has good rapport with your husband.

I'm sure your husband is as anxious about this as you, and possibly is in denial about a lot of health related things. Dealing with the changes in our body from stress and aging isn't easy for any of us. My wife has been incredible in helping me through a very tough 2006, and I have the feeling you're the same with your husband. Your posting about him shows a lot of concern and love.