View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused What do you think the chances are?

Hi everyone:

I have been a poop and have not posted in forever, sorry. To bring the newcomers up to speed, I have had 2 brain surgeries, 3 strokes and 4 seizures. I have always been an overachiever. The aneurysms are a fusiform on the basilar artery and then I grew a new one on the tip. They stented the first and clipped the second. Apparently I have "super aneurysms" and they have continued to grow despite the stent and have pushed the clip partially off the second one. Yay.

I go in this week for my planned three year follow up angiogram from the craniotomy and I have decided to freak now and avoid the rush. Geeze I hate being on the wrong end of needles, and of being a lab rat. I know I am going to end up as a journal article somewhere.

OK, enough BS'ing. My biggest fear is that the angio will irritate the brain and cause a seizure. I have to fence in the US Championships over the fourt of july and a seizure or worse would be terribly inconvenient. What do you think the chnces are of a seizure? I am having it done at the Barrow Institute, not Bob's angiograms, so that should count for something. But still.