View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had 7 of them, my dosage was 300 mg at a time - they are no big deal at all. If your dose is similar to mine you should be fine. Lidocaine helped me after time, the effectiveness of the infusions was only noticeable after I had a few of them because they built upon each other. Mine were scheduled 3-4 weeks apart. Ideally, I think I would have been better off if they could have been timed about 2-3 weeks apart. Lidocaine helped with the BURNING pain quite a bit. But it wore off very quickly.

Ketamine infusions have been tremendously more successful. On a daily basis, they are cheaper than the Lidocaine. But getting them approved was a nightmare, (WC is still not on board), and, despite the approval, United Healthcare has consistently under-reimbursed for each and every infusion to date. My account with my pain clinic is an absolute nightmare of charges, reversals, partial reimbursements, etc.

Good luck, Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
Hi Everyone
I am having this infusion for 5 hrs on Tuesday, can anyone tell me what the after effects are - such as - will I be able to go to work on Wednesday? Will I be functioning normally or does it take some time to recover? Does it give you brain fog?
Thanks in advance
Arlene
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-30-2014)