Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up Hi Supreme

Mark gave you a wealth of information!

Just wanted to add....and I know this sounds absolutely ridiculously mundane,
but keep a special notebook (the oldfashioned 'paper' kind )
Use the KIS (Keep It Simple) idea.
It helps tremendously to write things down, even as basic as 'who you are'....for those days you have when you can't seem to retain anything.
This may seem like silly advice, but really, it does help retain info by writing things down. Make alot of lists and notes to leave yourself for day to day things that you need to do.
Try to stay on a structured schedule.
And keep your notebook with you when you are in a situation in which you need to retain a lot of info all in a short amount of time......jot down 'bullet points' to remember if nothing else. You can go back and fill in more detail when you have the solitude to do so.

WRITE down the qualities about yourself you feel bring out the best in you.
Example: I am Rae, I love to laugh. I love to make people smile.
I ask God to help me get thru each day. ....... you get the idea.
If you have something like this to see when you first wake up in the morning, it can help you to remind yourself of all the things you are capable of.

I have learned thru the years that the only way I retain 'learning' info is by writing it down. Refer to it as often as you need.
Take small recording devices to important lectures.
Personalize your learning agenda and stay focused the best you can.

I think it is awesome that you came here...this shows how serious you 'care' about yourself..... and you can come here ANY time you feel the need to unload, ask questions, vent, share an achievement.
You may not realize this, but by doing so, you could very well be inspiring someone else!

I am very impressed by your determination! Please don't lose that quality about yourself!!

Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (07-22-2010)