View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

supreme818,

The rude responses in social situations are not uncommon. I would suggest memorizing some responses. You can memorize a short bit about yourself. Also, a line for when a girl is hitting on you.

I need to sell myself with my business. I have the whole spiel memorized. My wife can overhear me and know exactly what I am going to say.

You need to accept that your normal responses may not be appropriate. You can then learn to withhold your normal response and take a breath, get composed, and respond with your memorized response.

You may want to memorize something about your Post Concussion Syndrome. Maybe something funny and self effacing like: I am recovering from a brain injury. Please tell me to shut up if I start babbling. I may get my 'merds wixed up'. Stress and noise can make it worse, like the stress of meeting a pretty girl/woman.

You might want to have some friends help you get your spiel memorized. Slow dawn. You are young and have plenty of time. There are plenty of UC students who have a minimal social life so they can graduate. Making study friends may make more sense. When your friend contacts have more structure to them, you may do better. The abstract social contacts may just overdo your brain.

Rrae is correct. You need to keep a journal. List your feelings, symptoms, triggers, and any other bits about your day. You will be able to look back and understand how to improve your day by seeing patterns of triggers.

I don't agree with her intensity of note taking. To me, it would increase the stress load. You will need to find your own level of comfort. Digital recorders can be helpful. I have tried many of these steps but I struggle to remember to use them. By the time I have the pen and paper ready to write the note, I have usually already forgotten what I was going to write down.

You may do good by repeating something to yourself audibly. Talk to yourself. The repeating may improve your recall.

Does your school have a psychology department? Maybe you can have a neuro-psychological assessment. It will help you understand what symptoms are real and what are just you over-reacting. The confirmation of symptoms will be worthwhile.

Nuff, for now.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-07-2010)