View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Two replies and general info

Home sick today with some respiratory crud I caught from the wife when she went through it last weekend. So I get to play on the computer for a bit. Whoopee.....I don't like my job but I'd ALWAYS rather be at work and healthy as oppposed to at home and sick.....

For teresakoch-

No, was never tested for celiac disease. The way I felt better and the improvement in my bowels when I eliminated gluten convinced me that I was suffering from some sort of intolerance and I figured no further testing was necessary. Anecdotal I know, but I wasn't going to eat gluten again just so they could run tests that would tell me I shouldn't eat gluten!

For Jana-

I had bulbar and I felt better in the heat.
You have bulbar and feel better in the heat. Must be something helpful there but i wouldn't know what it would be.

When I said I don't do everything I meant that I don't follow every recommendation and supplement listed on the websites. I DO stick with my regimen 100%.

No wheat, rye, barley, oats in any form.

Distilled water only. Bought a nice used distiller on Fleabay last year so we make our own.

No fluoridated toothpaste.

Everyday - vit C, B complex, chelated magnesium w/zinc, DHEA, manganese(as manganese amino acid chelate), iodine(as iodoral),
selenium( as L-selenomethionine), saw palmetto(for prostate).
About every third day I will take a multi vit and a large dose of vit E in lieu of the B&C vits but still take the others listed every day. I will take ginseng when I have it. Calcium when I remember to take it. I wash my supplements down with about 1/2 cup of pure carrot juice(for the vit A).

No junk food! No garbage! No sodas and absolutely NOTHING that contains any artificial sweeteners at all. I drink distilled water and tea of all kinds and coffee maybe once a week. Occasionally I break weak and sweeten a cup with sugar or molasses for a treat.

I consume no dairy other than butter and occasional yogurt.

Spices I use every day are turmeric, tarragon and thyme.

I eat lots of bananas, usually 2-4 each day.

2-3 beets a week.

Fruits & vegies of all kinds, rice - brown and white, eggs, beans, meat, potatoes(infrequent), yams, LOTS of greens and things in my daily lunch salad. Cruciferous vegies are consumed cooked not raw.

That's the core of what I do. That is what made me well. That and the attitude that I WAS GOING TO GET WELL! Four months of following this and I got well. As I said before not every day was better than the day before. There was the occasional "one step forward and two steps back", but at the end of each week I was better than I was at the beginning of that week. Every little bit of improvement in my condition gave me the strength to stay the course and not stray despite what the Docs, friends and family were telling me to do.

PATIENCE - PERSEVERANCE -POSITIVE ATTITUDE -

Will this work for you? I don't know. What exactly was it that worked for me? Don't know that either. I still believe though that MANGANESE, IODINE SUPPLEMENTATION and possibly DHEA are at the center of it. For all I know I may wake up tomorrow just as bad as I was last year - but I don't really think so. At any rate I don't worry or dwell on it.

Enough for now. My two fingers are tired! Anyone who wants the missing link or the info from that link needs to PM me and I'll get it to ya-

Later,
Rob D

Oh Forgot! Huperzine A - used that also. Tell in a later post.
Please forgive what may seem as short or terse tones in either my questions or responses. I two finger type so I tend to keep things short and to the point. Takes WAY too long to type flowery phrases. No offense EVER, EVER intended.
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (06-07-2010)